Canada, Covid and the Border

• Creator
    Topic
    Gord Thompson
    Participant

Covid has been around for more than 16 months now.  The PM started threatening to close the border in mid-March, 2021 so we were forced to cut a 21 day Hawaiian vacation to 11 days and return home early.  Now 16 months later, he extended the closure for at least another month and after that we still won’t know when he will allow non-essential travel. Sorry, John and Rose but he believes that DIV isn’t essential.  I don’t expect a decision to open the border for at least 2 more months.  In the meantime, my better half and I have both received 2 doses of Maderna making us about as safe as we can get.  Oh how I want to get across the border and drive down to Culpeper but I can’t even make application to attend without worrying that the border will remain closed. Good luck all. maybe someone in our government will make a decision before I am too old to walk and swing a detector.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Profile PhotoGord Thompson
        Participant

Well, the Prime Minister opened the Canadian side of the border with a few things that visitors need to do.  President Biden then had his rep keep Canadians north of the border for another month.  Canadian rates of infection from Covid is far lower the U.S. rates and our rate of vaccination is higher than the U.S. rate.  So much for doing what you are supposed to do.  Can’t win for losing.

Profile PhotoBill Butski
          Participant

Just come on up thru our southern border. It is wide open. Heck they will even pay for your hotel and meals for as long as your heart desires. Probably pay for your DIV fee as well. Good luck!

Profile PhotoSean P Watson
            Participant

I disagree with the PM, Relic hunting is essential!!!!, hope you get to attend.

Profile PhotoGord Thompson
              Participant

As you all know, it was March 2020.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Close
            Close