DIV LII and LIII finds

• Creator
    Topic
    Doug Stokes
    Participant

Visiting the old, dear friend of Coles Hill and Beauregard was once again like a time travel to the distant past of 1863-64.  With many friends made along the way during those journeys there to share the experience, continuing to coax a number of special relics from these hallowed grounds…DIV LII and LIII continued to reward the patient and the  persistent.  Grace Kiser, first time DIV attendee and daughter of Pat Kiser, exercised tremendous energy, enthusiasm, persistence and plain old good judgement and was rewarded with a number of great finds.  Her Dad must be very proud….or jealous, LOL.

My goal each DIV is to hang with friends, take in the history, and find something I have never found before.  Again, I was blessed to experience all three.  I was able to recover a North Carolina coat button and a Rhode Island cuff button, both firsts for me.  Participating in digging a trash pit that Tony Corsetti had found on Coles Hill, near where I had found 2 in the past, was a treasured experience.  Mike McGee, Tony Corsetti, Noel Watson, Sean Watson, David Scott III, Matt Kreager, Henry Parro, Pat Kiser, Grace Kiser and me spend a number of days and hours in each other’s company during these two digs and it was a wonderful, memorable experience.  I have a few photos from these experiences.  I hope you enjoy seeing them.  Thanks again, John and Rose, for making this possible!

Doug

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Profile PhotoGrace Kiser
        Participant

I had such a great time. Still figuring out how to navigate this website…obviously. Wish we were all back there swinging. Merry Christmas!!

Profile PhotoPat Kiser
          Participant

Great finds and great times!

Profile PhotoSean P Watson
            Participant

Way to go Doug, It was a blast as usual. Congrats on your buttons.

Profile PhotoDave Beer
              Participant

Ah, see someone found that rebel brass, nice one Doug.

Profile PhotoDoug Stokes
                  Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Thanks!! This blind hog found an rebel acorn.  In a hole with a nail! LOL</p>

Profile PhotoRob Langdon
                  Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Doug Stokes wrote:</div>
                    Visiting the old, dear friend of Coles Hill and Beauregard was once again like a time travel to the distant past of 1863-64. With many friends made along the way during those journeys there to share the experience, continuing to coax a number of special relics from these hallowed grounds…DIV LII and LIII continued to reward the patient and the persistent. Grace Kiser, first time DIV attendee and daughter of Pat Kiser, exercised tremendous energy, enthusiasm, persistence and plain old good judgement and was rewarded with a number of great finds. Her Dad must be very proud….or jealous, LOL. My goal each DIV is to hang with friends, take in the history, and find something I have never found before. Again, I was blessed to experience all three. I was able to recover a North Carolina coat button and a Rhode Island cuff button, both firsts for me. Participating in digging a trash pit that Tony Corsetti had found on Coles Hill, near where I had found 2 in the past, was a treasured experience. Mike McGee, Tony Corsetti, Noel Watson, Sean Watson, David Scott III, Matt Kreager, Henry Parro, Pat Kiser, Grace Kiser and me spend a number of days and hours in each other’s company during these two digs and it was a wonderful, memorable experience. I have a few photos from these experiences. I hope you enjoy seeing them. Thanks again, John and Rose, for making this possible! Doug

Very Nice Doug! Thank you for posting!  I appreciate that!

Profile PhotoDoug Stokes
                      Participant

Thanks, Rob!  Good to hear from you.

Profile PhotoDoug Stokes
                      Participant

Coles Hill and Beauregard Farms

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Close
                    Close