GPX Battery

• Creator
    Topic
    Ed Travis
    Participant

Had a problem at DIV50 with my GPX Minelab battery. During the day I turned my machine off. When I turned it back on it would not come on. Nothing showed on the screen. I switched power cords and tried again but no luck. Borrowed a small Minelab battery and it turned on.  Charged my battery overnight and it worked fine all day. Turned it off for the BBQ and turned back on after lunch. A week after coming home I fully charged my battery and went out to hunt. Turned it on before I left my truck to make sure it worked. Hiked out to the field to hunt and it wouldn’t come on. Switched power cable but no luck. I connected another battery and it came on. Has anyone run into this problem? Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have a battery they want to sell cheap that works? Thanks

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Profile PhotoAndrew Benson
        Participant

Sounds like a bad connection inside the battery box where the cable connects. You can take the end off by undoing 4 screws and pulling it off. I would look at the wire connections that are soldered to battery plug. If that doesn’t work you probably need a new battery. I’ve got a good one that holds a charge for 11 hours I’ll sell for $200 if you decide you need one.

Andrew

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Close
      Close