Grant documentary…

• Creator
    Topic
    Dean Ryberg
    Participant

Starting Memorial Day, the History channel is airing a new documentary on Grant. 3 night series I believe. 👍

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Profile PhotoButch Turner
        Participant

I saw the previews for that last night. I’m all in and will be watching. :yahoo:

Profile PhotoJohn Kendrick
            Keymaster

I sincerely hope it doesn’t fall into the same boring crap that Ken Burns did. If so I will not be wasting my time. The “History Channel” doesn’t really care too much about history most of the time. Just drama, being politically correct, and playing into some agenda IMO.

Profile PhotoButch Turner
                Participant

I’m currently reading Battle Cry  of Freedom (James McPherson) and am hungry for new(er) things to see. Dr. Elizabeth Samet who wrote the annotated Memoirs of U.S. Grant was one of the people they showed in the previews. I have read Grants memoirs and her annotated version of the same. The book is even more excellent with the annotations than the original is. And I thought the original was outstanding.

It is a 3 day mini-series and one can only do so much in three days. I’m still looking forward to it.

Cheers John nice to chat with you again.

Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Close
          Close