Gutenberg Press Bible

• Creator
    Topic
    Randy McMahon
    Participant

All – Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  I hope you and your families are safe and well.

My family has a German Bible made on a Gutenberg Press in 1799.  It is in rough shape.  We are trying to get it’s worth assessed.  Do any of you know of an organization that can give us some idea what it is worth?

Thanks!

Very Respectfully,

Randy McMahon

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Profile PhotoRandy McMahon
        Participant

Thanks all for the advice and information!  Happy New Year to you all!

Very Respectfully,

Randy McMahon

Profile PhotoMikel Skinner
          Participant

Randy

You might try contacting the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC. They may can direct you to the right appraiser.
            https://www.museumofthebible.org/contact-us

Mikel

Profile PhotoRandy Schuh
            Participant

I’ve seen those on Pawn Stars and they were worth a lot of money. Getting appraised could be a challenge. I have a Picasso painting I have been trying to get appraised and it’s like pulling teeth to find someone.  I may have to wait until the next Antiques Roadshow comes for a show nearby soon. They are going to be in Chattanooga in February and I am going to see about getting a ticket to take there. That could be a possibility for you as well.

Profile PhotoDoug Hardy
                Participant

Randy – We’ve been to two Antiques Road Shows and based on our experience, you should definitely be able to get an estimate on the Picasso. (Randy M, same for your Gutenberg Bible.) That said, they’ll do the Chattanooga show with a lottery for tickets. What we did for our lottery is to contact our friends and neighbors and use their email addresses to throw a name in that hat. Simply stated, the more entries you have working for you, the better your chances of getting a ticket. GL

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Close
            Close