TDI or the nox 800

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan Wolfrey
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have a TDI and the nox800. I also have the manticore on preorder from minelab. I’m told the manticore is supposed to ship mid to late October.

</p>
      I’ve tried the nox at liberty hall back in the spring and had horrible luck. Just recently got the TDI and I haven’t had much time to really use the machine other than messing around my yard that’s not very mineralized.

I signed up to rent a GPX For the event but again I have very little experience with pulse machines. For those of you that have used the 800s at a DIV what settings do you recommend? I’m running field 2, GB at 0, recovery speed at 6, with f2 at 4 and I usually run in all metal using 5 tones.

it’s been a long time since I made it to a DIV ( probably like div 5? I remember it was brandy rock)

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies
        Profile PhotoDan Wolfrey
        Participant

Michael, what your thoughts on the TDI?

About the best you will do with the Nox 800 is to run it in Gold mode.  I will look back in my notes for more specifics.

Profile PhotoDavid McCall
            Participant

I messed around with my 800 at the DIV 52/53.  Ran it in Prospect 2 and was able to get a reading on a bullet down 6-8 inches (came in at -8).  Problem is all the hot rocks were showing up the same so you didn’t know if it was a bullet or a HR.  GPX was much better.  Hard to translate from VDI numbers to fine tones.  Took me most of the outing to feel comfortable with what I was hearing.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Close
        Close