Introducing a New Feature – Thanks To All Who Attended!

• Creator
    Topic
    DIV Admin
    Keymaster

This Wednesday we are going to introduce a new feature called the “Wed Dut Campfire Chat”
      It will be a chat room that everyone is welcome to join in and will be open from 6-10 pm.
      The idea is make the site interactive and fun. For some chats there may be topics presented for discussion, Q&A sessions or just general chat where you can pop in, hangout online a while and talk to friends or make new ones.

For the first campfire it will be a meet and greet. A chance for new people to introduce themselves and for others a chance to let us know what they have been up to since the last DIV. Here is how it will work:

Wednesday night a “Join the campfire chat” button will appear in the side bar on the home page. Click the button to join the chat.

Once you are on the page you will see a chat window. See image below. Simply type in the box at the bottom of the window and click the blue send button.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Profile PhotoDarren Wetsell
        Participant

Sounds like fun hope to join in next time although i am no a big online talker

Profile PhotoDennis Morrison
          Participant

Looking forward to chatting with everyone. I’ll bet after awhile this place will be buzzing. Good idea.

Denny (Ringfinder)

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.

I'm just a Yankee from Ohio, who enjoys Relic Hunting and Saving History. We as Detectorists should always remember we are the ones who do the research and Save our History for those who come after us if we don't Save our History, who will.

Profile PhotoEric Smith
            Participant

this was great! I can imagine everyone going on the chat the night before DIV. Hope all is well!

Profile PhotoRose Kendrick
                Keymaster

That’s when it will be the busiest as everyone will be stoked and ready to go. It was still fun, thank you for stopping in.

Profile PhotoDIV Admin
                Keymaster

Thanks to all who attended the inaugural launch of the Campfire Chat.

Keep an eye out for announcements regarding future chat sessions.

Profile PhotoPat Kiser
                  Participant

Sounds good.

Profile PhotoRose Kendrick
                    Keymaster

This should be a lot of fun…hope everyone will be able to join……that’s 6:00 – 10:00 EST. Please keep it civil and remember that we do have some children and youth that are a part of DIV. :party:

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Close
                  Close