XP Deus

• Creator
    Topic
    Lloyd R Wyan
    Participant

Has anyone used an XP Deus 1 or Deus 2 at a div hunt. If so how did it perform.

Lloyd R. Wyan

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Profile PhotoDennis Morrison
        Participant

I have used my Deus 1 a couple of times at DIV’s At the Glebe Farm, I dug 8-.58 Caliber 3 ringers out of a small

hillside. One was (8) Eight Inch’s deep. I found with the settings I was using, numbers didn’t mean anything, On the horseshoe on the right side, you would get a blip, that’s all a Blip, almost every time it was a bullet. I played with the Frequencies a bit and you can adjust as you go. I used five tones, Disc. 2.5, this you just have to play with because of the minimization in the ground. Sens. 93, trashy areas lower, in some area’s that is the way it is Trashy. Freq. 11.8, Iron 1, Reactivity 1 or -1 in real trashy area’s. Audio 6 or lower, GB Pumping

I found at Beauegard, I used some of Joanna’s settings. I was setting up my Dues to hers and she started laughing. I said what? and she said, I just dug a miniball while u were using my control box, LOL. Joanna is good with the Deus 1, I’d love to be at this DIV and hunt with her with the new Deus 2. But unfortunately my wife is laid up with a broken leg and i’ll be hunting in my dreams. Good Luck, I know if I was their, I’d be hunting a little bit with my Deus 1 or maybe 2 by that time. After lugging a GPX 5000 around for a week, this 75 year old guy gets tired. I might add, Slowwwwwww Downnnnn. Let the Deus work for you, it will tell you what to dig, you just have to listen. Oh and use a small coil. I usually use a HF 9″ coil with my Deus 1 and love it. In fact when I buy a new Deus 2, it will have the 9 inch coil on it. I think why some have success with the Deus is because the PI detector guys have their Gain set so high, that it is missing shallower targets and that’s where the Deus will shine. I remember one time at Brandy Rock Farm, Kim Cox or Streak asked me what I had found with my GPX and I said not much, mostly pistol bullets, he said turn your Gain down to 4 or 5, I did and it was like a seated hunt, I had each foot on a target and was digging another one. That was a field Hundreds if not thousands of guys had detected and it was like a dream come true. That same week, I found my Very First Breast Plate in the same area and someone had dug the hole before me, only not deep enough, another foot down was my Breast Plate number 1. Good Luck, ( Ringfinder )

I'm just a Yankee from Ohio, who enjoys Relic Hunting and Saving History. We as Detectorists should always remember we are the ones who do the research and Save our History for those who come after us if we don't Save our History, who will.

Profile PhotoJoanna Chesley
          Participant

This was my find from DIV 50

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            Profile PhotoJoanna Chesley
            Participant

I used my Deus 1 for last two hunts,  at DIV 50 I did pretty good, to me it all depends on how well your know your Deus.  I am going to take my Deus 2 to the up coming hunts.

Profile PhotoDoug Hardy
              Participant

Lloyd – Since no one’s chimed in, I thought I’d at least give you an answer to serve as a starting point. I’ve seen people use the Deus at DIV and actually find some things (I do not have first-hand experience), but you’d be at the same disadvantage as with any other VLF machine — you’ll lose pretty much all of your discrimination and a lot of depth. There’s a reason that people typically use PI machines. The woods are likely to be a little friendlier to a VLF machine than the open areas, but you’re still searching in highly mineralized soil and VLF machines have trouble with that. There are still some occasional close-to-the-surface finds that you might come across, but both Coles Hill and Beauregard have been heavily hunted, so you’re chasing a diminished “supply” of relics available to your machine.

Profile PhotoDennis Morrison
                  Participant

Doug, Joanna used her Deus 1 at Beauregard the last time we hunted there and did fantastic. She even found part of a Breast Plate. The Key with the Deus is go slow, know you detector. I found 8 bullets with mine. The thing with the GPX is most folks run a high Gain and miss targets closer to the service. Too High of a Gain and you will be diggin pistol bullets and missing plates and bullets, Breast plates sound just like a 3 ringer on the GPX. Also the Deus loves Iron and if you know your detector you can pull out those high tones and good targets.

Best of Luck with what ever you hunt with. (Ringfinder)

I'm just a Yankee from Ohio, who enjoys Relic Hunting and Saving History. We as Detectorists should always remember we are the ones who do the research and Save our History for those who come after us if we don't Save our History, who will.

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Close
              Close